Wednesday 19 March 2008

Bring back the milkman

When was the last time you saw one of these?



(it's a milk float)

This morning I was staring out my bedroom window in that glazed 'oh but didn't I just go to sleep?' kind of way - when I saw a milk float go by. Yes, a MILK FLOAT (caps make things seem more real). I think I may have even done a cartoon double take (and obviously the milk float was still there - they're not really that fast are they? aw).

I can't remember the last time I saw a milk float...maybe well over 10 years ago?! And then along came the Tesco type giants with their cheap pints of milk and it was bye bye to Mr Milkman (to the delight of paranoid husbands throughout the land).

But let's face it, supermarket milk may be less expensive, but it's just not quite the same when you have to go and get it yourself...

0 comments :