Monday 23 June 2008

My last week: The countdown begins...

This is it. My last week working in the city has finally arrived. After a year and half of regularly complaining about the tube, the people on the tube, tube advertising - generally ALL THINGS TUBE - I can finally hang up (er, or remove from my wallet) my Oyster Card.

Yep, as of next Monday, my world will no longer look quite so much like this:



Courtesy of www.staynl.com.

But despite all my moaning, I think there are definitely some things I will miss about working in London (after the haze of B.O. and tube rage has lifted):

  1. Being able to pop out at midday and choose from a wide range of worldwide foods for lunch.


  2. Being able to meet up with friends who also work in London and are a short tube hop away.


  3. Being able to stop at the giant Topshop on my way home from work.


  4. Being able to go out for a quick drink after work at any number of bars that are on our doorstep.

So it's not all bad, I will be (a little bit) sad to leave...and I'm sure all this will kick in once I've settled into my new job. But for now, leafy 'burbs here I come!

1 comments :

  1. Poker Site said...

    As the expert, I can assist. I was specially registered to participate in discussion.