Saturday 14 June 2008

Father's Day Menu

Incase you've forgotten, or have been blissfully unaware of the massive increase in DIY and 'tool' adverts popping up on the telly, it's Father's Day tomorrow. Yep, that wonderful commercial holiday where we get to pay homage to our paps and fill the pockets of commercial giants like Hallmark.

I'm not quite sure if my dad even realises it's Father's Day tomorrow, but nonetheless, I'm taking the opportunity to knock a top notch Sunday lunch. I'm quite into my cooking, but just never really get the time to experiment.

For Mother's Day I went for something quite elegant and a little bit fancy:

Starter: Green-lipped muscles with a garlic breadcrumb crust

Main: Chicken stuffed with red peppers and pesto, wrapped in Parma ham. Served with pasta and roasted courgettes.

Dessert: Chocolate souffle

(she's that kinda lady)

But Father's Day has got to be a little bit different, something a little bit more hearty:

Starter: Warm salad of roasted squash, prosciutto and parmesan

Main: Beef stew with crusty bread

Dessert: Summer fruits and cream

*Drool* Starter and Main courtesy of cheeky chappy (and slightly annoying) Jamie Oliver.

I'm not really a 'stew' person...I'm not really 100% sure if I've ever eaten it, and I definitely haven't made it before. But it looks pretty scrummy and I think my dad will like it, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow...

0 comments :