Thursday 16 October 2008

The lifecycle of Leona Lewis

Seriously, what is Simon Cowell doing with the Leona Lewis brand? I know, I know, why try and re-invent the wheel. Vocal acrobatics worked for Mariah Carey and Whitney Houston, and given that Leona Lewis pretty much sounds exactly like a hybrid of the two - it makes sense to go down that route.

She's had number one's internationally, so it's obviously working. But it's just such a shame that she's being slotted into a power ballad box with the occasional 80s sounding pop track thrown in for good measure.

It's just so boooring.

Sure, I know nothing about the music industry and how it all works, but I'm a consumer dammit, so here's my prediction of the Leona Lewis Lifecycle (ooh):


  1. Starts of with the big voice singing the big songs in the big ol' predictable dresses.


  2. Speands a year in the US working on her next album


  3. Becomes an 'independent woman' and releases next album, spouting lines in interviews such as 'This album is definitely edgier and funkier and I feel it really reflects me as an artist'. Possibly fires manager.


  4. Decides that she'd like to try her hand at acting. How hard can it be?


  5. Stars in a Hollywood film in which she plays a girl from the 'hood' who wants to make it as a singer and says things in interviews like 'I really felt a connection with a character and really feel that this whole experience has helped me grow as an artist.'


  6. Launches her own range of fragances and/or underwear and/or clothing line.


  7. Makes the fatal decision to appear in Celebrity Big Brother. It's all over.


Oh we've seen it all before!!

(but I'm sure she'll be fab)

0 comments :