Thursday 21 February 2008

The perfect metaphor for human existance

So I popped into Tesco's today to grab some lunch and chose a delightful plastic-y tasting pasta salad. Coated in a mayonaise/herb/plastic dressing. But that's besides the point.

I got to the till to pay, and asked the lady behind the counter for a fork. To which she replied, 'No. But I can give you a spork?'

SPORK???

Is it a spoon, is it a fork? Well no, apparently it's a SPORK:


I'm not quite sure how I feel about all this spork business, but it seems like some people out there have been thinking long and hard about it.

I'll leave you with this thought:

"A spork is a perfect metaphor for human existance. It tries to function as both spoon and fork, and because of this dual nature, it fails miserably at both." www.spork.org

Hmm...!

0 comments :