Monday 21 January 2008

Sex and the City: The Movie

Whoop. It's here. Sex and the City: The Movie is being released later this year. Hooray!



I'm really looking forward to seeing it - although I have no doubt that it will miserably fail many a city gals high expectations. Sitcom movies never really work out do they? Sometimes you just have to let a good thing lie. Like The Matrix - one was enough. Did we really need Saved by the Bell the College Years? And as for Speed 2, YOU CAN'T JUST REPLACE THE BUS WITH A BOAT AND EXPECT US TO THINK IT'S A DIFFERENT MOVIE!!!

Sequels...well, they just don't work. Although there are the odd exceptions to the rule. Like Shrek 2. Quite possibly better than the first? Anyway I'm just glad that Friends hasn't turned into a movie, and that there are no plans to ever do so. I mean, to be honest it should probably have ended around series 7 or 8 - maybe even earlier. Don't get me wrong, it was still funny up until the end. But there's just something not right about a bunch of thirty somethings still acting like twenty year olds. Plus, Joey lost his mojo around series 6 and just morphed into a somewhat sleazy, slightly retarded man by the end. And then there was the whole Joey spin-off series - nooo!!

Thank god for Frasier. Otherwise we'd have lost all faith in spin-offs.

So anyway, I love Sex and the City. I have the box set in it's pretty pink and black shoe box. It got me through my last year of uni. We have a bond. But like all good things, I think they should have let it come to it's end. I mean how old are they all now? 50? *gasp* surely not! Well Samantha definitely must be! Do we really want to see a bunch of has beens teeter around the city in their Manolo Blahniks, eating salad and complaining about men even though their entire lives revolve around them anyway?

YES. We do.

Ah let's face it. Carrie and Big will get married. There's going to be tears. We're going to love it and start 'doing lunch' with our 'girlfriends' in London town more often. I can't wait!!

Sometimes it really is too hard to let a good thing lie.

0 comments :